Re: SESSIONS vs. MySQL

On 19 Sep 2008, at 19:20, Robert Cummings wrote:
On Fri, 2008-09-19 at 19:12 +0100, Stut wrote:

Oh, and by scale I don't necessarily mean to tens of millions of page
views a month.

Someone needs to take away your coder badge if you make a site that
can't handle 1000 views a day :)

Not withstanding extreme edge cases doing unlikely processing for the
typical website :B

Have you seen some of the "advanced" websites kicked out by design companies?

Also consider the sites that get stuck on shared servers with 1000's of sites per machine using database servers with 1000's of DBs where limiting your resource usage can become the difference between a snappy site and one that nobody will use! And then try convincing your local plumber that it's worth paying more than £2 a month for their hosting!

Actually, scrap that. It's usually the design company that's overloading their dedicated server, the plumber is then stuck paying £25+ a month + content change charges when they don't know any better.

Anyways, where can I get a coder badge, they sound cool!! ;)

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/