Re: Passing variables between pages

At 12:22 PM -0400 9/19/08, Jason Pruim wrote:
So if I'm understanding you right... You're suggesting that in my timecard app which has index.php (user login) and timecard.php (Actual time card app) I could simply load index.php and then on submit have it do this:
ob_clean;
include("timecard.php");
exit();

Putting that in a function, or a separate file...

And then I have my variable intact and I still get to the second page without having to use sessions?

Very interesting... This is something that I will have to play with more later...

Yes, that's exactly right.

You can go from script, to script, to script without ever using sessions -- everything remains in memory as if it's one large script.

Of course, you still have to respect the scope of variables, such as being required to provide them to functions -- but all variables and arrays (even POST, GET and SESSION) will still have all their contents intact.

It's interesting that another topic (i.e. SESSIONS vs. MySQL) is discussing the differences in storing variables in SESSIONS as compared to storing them in MySQL when using this technique would not require either.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------