Re: Paypal Integration

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 9:00 PM, b <php@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ashley Sheridan wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 10:14 +1000, Andrew Barnett wrote:
>>
>>> Has anyone got any example integration of PHP with the Paypal API?
>>>
>>> I'm looking to build a site where people register for a nominal fee,
>>> and gain access to the site indefinately. So I just want to check a
>>> user against whether they have paid or not.
>>>
>>> Andrew
>>>
>>> From experience of using Paypal, HSBC and Google Checkout for online
>>>
>> payments, I'd go Google. It was a breeze to set up and it's very easy
>> for a consumer to use as well. Also, I got a lot more support from
>> Google guys than I did from Paypal.
>>

> Google is still only available to US & UK merchants, unfortunately. I'd
> switch to them if i could. My experiences with PayPal have been absolutely
> dreadful.
>
> I really should look into HSBC.
>

> --

You should look into a lot of merchant services providers.  Don't settle on
the first one.  Try and get your per transaction rates as low and possible,
and shoot for the lowest %age rate possible.  Find out what the lowest going
rate is all over town and set that as your goal.

As for PayPal.  25% of my customers pay with PayPal.  Yeah, I've had the guy
who stole the other guy's account and sign up accounts with it, but really,
if you watch your transactions, and put in some fraud protection, you're
fine.

Also, I chose to take credit cards, paypal, and google checkout.  I didn't
want to limit anyone from paying.  If there was another popular means of
payment, I'd most likely go for that too.

I hope that helps..

--
-Dan Joseph

www.canishosting.com - Plans start @ $1.99/month.

"Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for the rest of the day.
Light a man on fire, and will be warm for the rest of his life."