Re: Shopping Carts/Checkout Software

Charlene wrote:
It doesn't look like zencart includes a checkout system. I really need the complete system.

You will find you need to select the payment packages you want available. It certainly does the complete process, including weight based shipping.

Otherwise, what I see at their site looks interesting. In searching for the website for zencart, I discovered a commercial product that looks like it would work and it uses XML to import product information into its system. I'm trying to figure out if zencart would use this method also.

We ported 'zen_cart' into bitweaver as bit_commerce and have converted the code, but the core structure is 'comprehensive', so you will find 'easypopulate' to get raw CSV data in. Expanding it to handle XML is probably a lot of work. Creating the raw data for 'easypopulate' does eliminate a few stages however and is worth the effort, so IF you have XML data then dump it to a spreadsheet :)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL