Re: ASCII Captcha

On Sat, 2008-08-30 at 00:05 -0400, Eric Gorr wrote:
> Oh, here's an interesting story:
>
> http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/03/13/breaking-google-captchas-for-3-a-day/

This was written by a journalist, not a technology expert. Even the
person to which he was talking needed to clarify the meaning of "crack".
>From the article:

    "If by cracked, you are saying that a machine can solve the
     captcha as easily as a human being, I’m confident that is
     not the case,"

Interestingly the word crack only appears in the article in two places.
In the above quote and in the following excerpt:

    Another piece of evidence that sheds light on the mystery
    was uncovered by Websense, one of the security firms that
    suggested that spammers are having at least some success
    using bots to crack Google’s captchas.

I really don't see how this story supports your arguments in the least
and as such I will not be answering anymore of your drivel. You appear
to have nothing of usefulness to add to the conversation.

Cheers,
Rob.
--
http://www.interjinn.com