Re: ASCII Captcha

On Fri, 2008-08-29 at 23:05 -0400, Eric Gorr wrote:
> On Aug 29, 2008, at 9:40 PM, Robert Cummings wrote:

> >> What is impractical about about an implementation asking a question
> >> such as:
> >>
> >> what is 3 + 5?
> >> what color is the sky?
> >>
> >> and then processing the answer entered?
> >
> > The answer lies in the very article to which you referred me. These
> > are
> > easily crackable, and thus impractical.
>
> By that illogical conclusion, all captcha's are impractical for all
> are easily crackable and yet they have the very practical ability to
> prevent an amount of spam that is quite beyond comprehension.
>
> Care to try again?

All CAPTCHA's are not easily crackable. Some are quite difficult. It's
quite likely that all are crackable, but the same can be said for any
encryption scheme too. Practicality brings into play such high minded
concepts as time, space, and cost. I just noticed btw that you've taken
this off list. Please keep it on the list for all to read. If you want
private lessons I can be reached for pricing at this address.

Cheers,
Rob.
--
http://www.interjinn.com