Re: ASCII Captcha

tedd schreef:
At 9:32 PM +0100 8/29/08, Stut wrote:
That's ultimate accessibility, assuming it supports all types of telephone, but it's also a major expense needing 24/7 coverage. Not something my company of 5 people could hope to support on a free-to-use site.

-Stut

-Stut:

I hesitated before writing this because I don't want to get into another debate with you, but accessibility means that all people (disabled or not) can access the data they want in a similar fashion.

Accessibility does NOT mean "If you have a problem with our web site, please call"

This is no different than any other accessibility issue. People in wheelchairs should not have to call someone to get them over an unaccessible curb or to be able to make their way to a product or service, or anything else that could be made accessible to them by some accommodating manner.

Do you not agree?

yes and no. in the wild a lion with hip atrophy will be forced to
crawl away and die ... no more eating gazelles for him, more to the point
there are millions (billions?) of people without the right to free speech
, or say clean water let alone have the money for a PC or an internet
connection.

my point being we have a long long long way to go before we can say
much positive about accessibility for everyone.

I think both tedd and Stut make good points, I guess we'll all be
hacking away at such issues for a long time to come.

in the mean time, here's wishing more clean water and internet access
for everyone (and less bombs).

Cheers,

tedd