Re: Assign things to users

At 10:20 AM -0400 8/26/08, Dan Joseph wrote:
My question is:  How do you all do handle similar situations like this?
I've been thinking there has to be a better way to do it, but I have not
been able to think of a good way to do it.  I'd like to see how if I'm doing
it like everyone else, or what else is out there.  Any ideas would be
appreciated!

I've worked in places where they have one manager beating a drum and another working the whip. It works great if you're chained to your desk else you run away.

What you have is a great closed system where you can not only distribute the workload but can evaluate workers based upon ability to handle the quotes.

The "grab the brass ring if you're available" set-up you have now sounds as good as any other I can think of. It's just that now you can have the data to evaluate workers and find out who's the best and lest productive. What you do with that data is up to you to improve, or degrade, working conditions and production.

From my background, I would find it exciting to evaluate such data with respect to time of day, days of the week, weeks of the month, month of the year, and so on.

You can not only learn more about your employees, but also your customers.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------