RE: Closing a website (mod_redirect) SOLVED

At 5:42 PM +0100 8/26/08, Alex Chamberlain wrote:
Why do you always solve a problem you have been working on for a day as soon
as you email a mail list!?!

The serious answer to that is -- when you have to explain the problem to others, it's often the first time you've fully realized the problem yourself.

I usually spend a lot of time writing a question to this group. The question has to be distinct, clear and specifically to the point. An example/demo is almost mandatory.

After doing all that, it's good to read the question yourself and ask if someone else had posted this question: 1) would you be able to understand what the problem was? 2) and could you solve it?

After that much evaluation, I usually find that I either already know the answer OR how to find the answer.

After repeating that cycle a couple of times, I either finish my post to the list or I forget what the hell I was doing. In either case, the problem passes.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------