Re: newbie Q: How to say, "if the fileNAME is equal to...", or better yet, "if the fileNAME ends with '.jpg'"?

At 7:53 AM -0500 8/25/08, Philip Thompson wrote:
On Aug 24, 2008, at 6:54 PM, Govinda wrote:

Should I send replies to just the list?, or is the etiquette to reply-to-all?

You will get different opinions from different people on the list. IMO, Reply-All is really annoying. Since I'm on the list, there's no need to reply to me - I'll get the email via the list.

However, it is personal preference. I think the big deal is to *at least* reply to the list - that way we can all learn from what's being said. =D

~Philip

I usually hit "Reply All" and then remove all email addresses except for php-general.

In addition, I also trim the replies down to what's important -- I hate long-ass emails.

In fact, it would be great if I could just see my emails without the 32 lines of header fluff that accompanies each one.

I'm using Eudora for the Mac and the first 32 lines of all my emails are the header and if I click the "Blah Blah" button (that's supposed to show the header information), then I get another 25 lines of header. That's 57 lines in total to get to the contents of the email -- far more than what I need/want.

I've checked all the preference setting numerous time trying to cut down on the length of my emails but had no luck. I have to scroll every email to read -- that's a pain.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------