Re: Semi-ADVERT, not really spam, sorry for it

On 19 Aug 2008, at 13:19, metastable wrote:
Jochem Maas wrote:
metastable schreef:
which the subject made pretty clearly, use common sense and ignore such mails if
they don't interest you.
The subject made clear__ that this was an advert, not a job offering.

A job offering *is* an advert when posted to a public forum.

Moreover, I have not seen your name in any of the topics on this list or

hadn't seen yours either, at least Rawat is a real name. and for the record he has posted 2 more messages to the list than you have this year (your massive contribution ammounts to 7 posts since Nov'07) ... Rawat's first post started with the words 'Newbie Problem' so he's indentified himself as a beginner and therefore it's in everyone's interest that he do alot more reading (and asking questions) rather than replying to other's questions with the limited knowledge he has atm.
You must really have nothing better to do than to look up statistics on posting behaviour. Slow day ? :)

I stand by my point though. Had it actually been an advert, which it was not, a post count of 9 would not inspire confidence in his qualities as a determined support engineer.

It seems daft to judge someone based on their contribution to a public voluntary mailing list, especially if you just look at the numbers. Most job ads we get on this list come from people who've never posted before, but that doesn't make them any less worthy of a look if you're in the market.

remembered it in any reply, as opposed to many others who take time from their busy schedules to give something back, free of charge. This does not inspire much confidence in your qualities or determination.

There are many channels out there that would be beneficial to your goals, e.g. wendo, ogone and the likes.
Please take your commercial goals there.

He's looking for a little off-list help for which he is apparently willing to offer some kind of compensation ... plenty of other's have done the same in the past, some of us occasionally even take people up on their offer and I've actually
earned more dollars that way than you've posted words to this list.

Seems to me you either have a pathetic grasp of the english language or you
can't be bothered to read.

Just my two cents.

indeed.

PS - for those that know, I'm back ... with a vengeance.

I'm sure everyone here spent these last couple of weeks wandering aimlessly in your abscence, hoping that you would find a post suitable enough to direct your vengeance at.

Hey, now that I won't accept. Anything coming from the fingertips of the great Jochem in the sky is worthy and he shalt smite thee for your insolence.

All hail the mighty Maas!! ;)

-Stut

PS. No, not a slow day for me, just in need of a brief distraction!

--
http://stut.net