Re: Re: Semi-ADVERT, not really spam, sorry for it

On 19 Aug 2008, at 13:12, V S Rawat wrote:
On 8/19/2008 5:22 PM India Time, _Stut_ wrote:
Seems to me like a job ad which we generally tolerate, but a couple of thing concern me about this one...
1) "Rest assured that it is no fraud/ scam/ cheating."
This is something only fraudsters, scammers and cheater would feel the need to say up front.

Some generalization.

Not really. I work for a classified ads website and I can say that after seeing more ads from scammers than I care to remember they were the only ones who felt the need to assert that they weren't scammers. You may be an exception, but as a generalisation it's sound.

2) There is absolutely no mention of what company he represents or what type of work they do.

I don't represent anyone.

Why should I?

Are only representatives of companies allowed to post messages in this ng seeking paid help?

Absolutely not, but you didn't indicate anything about what you were after.

Anyone legitimately looking for talent (ie. who is not gonna screw people over) is more likely to provide more details about who they are.

Will be provided to those who contact, in email conversations.

Seems you are interested in knowing what it is.

So very much not, but I am in the business of trying to protect my fellow human from being ripped off when I see it as a possibility.

Something like "we are an outsourcing company looking for top quality talent for occasional sub-contracting" would be better, and including a link to their website would be even better.

That was not provided because I am not an outsourcing company. No website link. Simple.

Add the gmail  address and I'd avoid this like the plague.
Now where's my 0.98 change from that dollar?
-Stut

All should concede that our fellow php veterans in this ng would be intelligent enough not to fall for tricks.

People are stupid and that's universal no matter how smart they think they are, and I count myself in that. The best we can do is highlight known dodgy tactics when we see them to ensure nobody else is duped. I'd rather hear the same advice thousands of times than lose out once. Wouldn't you?

I apologise if my response offended you but you were very cryptic in your original message in addition to exhibiting several common indicators of a scam. I hope you understand.

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/