Re: Displaying files

Wow, I think it finally clicked.

Sorry that took so long.

The whole point behind using PHP was to try and copy or call the file from
the server side so the user does not see the path to the document. Using
HTML and Javascript it is extrememly easy to just view source and see the
path.  Whereas using PHP it would take the regular user a bit more work to
view the path which is why I wanted to go that route.  But having to grant
the anonymous internet account access to the server would be just as bad if
not worse.

My application retrieves a list of docments that the user can view based on
search criteria. When the user clicks on the document I wanted to somehow
mask the location the document is being pulled from.  HTML and Javascript
are so easy to circumvent, even to the everyday user that I wanted to do
something with PHP since it's code is not viewable when you view source
since it is run on the server.

Have any of you attempted something like this?