Re: Displaying files

On 14 Aug 2008, at 21:57, Dan Shirah wrote:
That simply means it can't open the file. Make sure the machine this is running on has everything it needs to access that UNC filename.

-Stut

Stut,

If I copy the link from the error message and paste it into a browser running from my PHP server, the file comes up just fine.

Should I try mkdir() or mkpath() to set the server and folder location and then try it from there?

The user PHP runs as needs to be able to access it, not you. I'm guessing you're on Windows...

If you're using IIS then it's the IUSR_machine user which doesn't have access to the network by default. You can enable it but I can't recall how off the top of my head and you may want to reconsider because it leaves the server a lot more open should IIS/PHP/else be compromised.

If you're using Apache on Windows then you'll need to check the service configuration to see what user it's running as.

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/