RE: Re: PUT vs. POST (was: php File upload)

My buddy is/was hosting a free licensed-music service that needed "segmented" uploads. I wrote a Java applet that communicates with a "receiver" PHP page to upload the file in segments rather than all at once. I got it to successfully upload an MP3, but a few bytes were missing from the destination file. I'll try to go digging through the "receiver" code and see if I can't find something to post that may give you guys a push in (hopefully) the right direction.

I had to use Java for the simple fact that PHP by itself cannot access the local file system in a way that allows for the partial loading of files. If I/we get the source to work, 2GB, 4GB, the contents of the library of congress... all will be feasible.

More news at 11,

Todd Boyd
Web Programmer