Re: php File upload

On 8/8/08, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Same as POST then :-)  (except for the resume bit).
>
> I still don't see much of a difference.  It doesn't matter much to me,
> I'd just like to understand what the real difference is.  Maybe I need
> to go and read RFC2616.

I'm all for using existing POST but it seems like a lot of
configuration needs to occur, and PHP is expecting a single stream of
data. If the stream is broken, how do you resume it? If you accepted
the data raw you could dump the stream to a file until it ends, and
then fseek($fp, $offset) when you get a resume request...

PUT seems to be expected to be straight old "file $x goes here" ... I
actually am not allowing the file to be put on the filesystem directly
but fed to a PHP script.

I am totally down for POST since POST is supported by browsers, flash,
everything, and PUT has some limitations (java applets aplenty, flash
can do it i think but you have to do actual raw socket communication
and I haven't found an applet for that yet)