Re: An appeal to your better nature

Richard Heyes wrote:

I'm going to have a look at my browser cache. Maybe I find something.

Thanks.
I'm sorry Richard, seems that my browser doesn't hold the history long enough.

Forgive me to ask, but how come that you don't have much copies of your work? Do you work straight on your server?

I've got my editor (UltraEdit Studio) setup, that it makes a backup of the file I'm editing every 5 minutes with a timestamp and the full path. Besides that, we use SVN (wich is not that difficult to setup and manage).

So, if your server is your food (so to speak), you'd better take a look at the simple things that might rescue you some day. Nowadays there are little NAS devices with RAID-0 support (like My Books from Western Digital), that gives a good backup solution for a quick buck. Off course, you can always step up to better solutions and methods.....

Doesn't your hosting provider has a backup facility? Maybe rent another webserver (could be virtual) and mirror it with rsync? I don't know..... there must be something that suits your needs.....

I wouldn't like to loose my stuff, but I can't afford much for the best solutions either. It's not that my job depends on it, but personal data is a big loss too.
--

Aschwin Wesselius

/'What you would like to be done to you, do that to the other....'/