Re: uploading big files with PHP

On 7/25/08, T Lensselink <dev@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You are right on this. There are some other great methods for uploading.
> I just meant that in PHP there is not much more options. Of course in
> combination with other technologies you can do some pretty cool stuff.
> You could use some Java applet, Flash, or like you said Ajax in
> combination with PHP.

Exactly.

We need to be able to accept uploads now going upwards of > 50MB, and
from slow international connections too. HTTP just isn't good for
that, not to mention all the configuration needing to be done in the
webserver and PHP to sit there and wait...

We'll probably be forced into looking into third party tools, since
HTTP itself, regardless of what server-side language used, is a bit
too unreliable, and we need some thicker/beefier solution which allows
for resuming, retries on timeouts, etc.