Re: URL Rewrite not working for me

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 3:59 PM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> However, Don's question was of the kind that is easily overlooked on the
> apache list, where topics tend to be a little less basic.  I tend to
> think that basic apache/php questions are sometimes better asked here,
> even if they are really off-topic.  It doesn't hurt anyone, and the
> poster is actually likely to get a decent/useful answer fairly
> quickly - due to the amount of plain user/developer experience that is
> available here.

    And I agree with you on these points, but at the same time, by not
recommending that the question be asked on the appropriate list first,
we're not only encouraging misplaced posts, but also cheating the
poster themselves.  They may not even be aware that there are separate
lists; a couple of times from the top of my head, responses have been,
"I wasn't aware there was a list for [insert project name here]."

> I could easily have waved Don away with a plain "RTFM", but I saw no real reason.

    Yes, but that's you.... it's because you're a nice guy.  And what
do you expect from someone who lives in a city frequently rated as
"best quality of life" in the world?

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Better prices on dedicated servers: