From: Boyd, Todd M. [tmboyd1@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 10:10 AM
To: Wei, Alice J.
Cc: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE:  Re: exec() Error

Alice,

exec() is for executing binary commands over an interface that your
operating system inherently understands, such as its own file system. I
seriously doubt either machine in question is equipped to handle URLs
from the command line without invoking a web browser.

As I said before, you should investigate cURL or AJAX to push the info
to your remote script, and then use exec() from the remote machine to
execute the client's program which is, as I understand it, housed on the
remote script's machine.

Todd Boyd
Web Programmer