RE: Include Problem

---8<--- snip

> > >  This is the error I got:
> > >
> > > Warning: include() [function.include]: URL file-access is disabled
> in
> > the server configuration in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\read.php on line 29
> > > Warning: include(http://www.mysite.com/calculate.php)
> > [function.include]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could
> be
> > found in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\read.php on line 29
> > > Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening
> > 'http://www.mysite.com/calculate.php' for inclusion
> > (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\read.php on
> line
> > 29

---8<--- snip

> If you are trying to include() a remote file via HTTP, the remote
> server
> will (most likely) translate the PHP code into the output that it
would
> produce if you were to visit the script with a web browser. It appears
> you are trying to grab a PHP file from a remote server and execute it
> as
> code, which won't work--at least not under normal circumstances.

Alice,

If the two Windows machines are on the same network, you can try to use
Windows' file sharing to do the job for you. For instance,

include('\\servername\dirname\filename.php');

Using HTTP from Windows to Windows would yield the same results as using
HTTP from Linux to Windows. You could host the files on a server that
does not parse PHP, and so they would be transmitted as plain text...
but then you get into issues of disclosing their contents to parties you
would rather leave in the dark (read: hackers).

You might consider using FTP, SCP, or another behind-the-scenes file
transfer agent to accomplish what it is you're trying to do. I believe
PHP already has several functions for use with FTP.

Good luck,

Todd Boyd
Web Programmer