Re: Include Problem

Wei, Alice J. wrote:
From: Jay Blanchard [jblanchard@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 1:10 PM
To: Wei, Alice J.; php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE:  Include Problem

[snip]
foreach ($lines2 as $line_num => $line2) {

"</p>";

}

include ('http://www.mysite.com/calculate.php');

My problem is that when I use a blank file that only has

<?php  include 'http://www.mysite.com/calculate.php'; ?>

The code works and displays what is meant to display. However, when I
copy this snippet into the code even outside the foreach loop, it does
not even read, or give me an error. Is there something I should not be
doing here?
[/snip]

If you get no error the file is being included properly. What is the
goal here? Is it to have calculate.php perform actions on the returned
data from lung.txt?

The goal is to do a word  count of what was in lung.txt, since I don't want the users to interact directly with this file. However, this is not showing up at all. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Make sure you have these enabled

allow_url_fopen = On
allow_url_include = On

This might be your problem. They limit things so remote files cannot be access via fopen/include/etc...

--
Jim Lucas

   "Some men are born to greatness, some achieve greatness,
       and some have greatness thrust upon them."

Twelfth Night, Act II, Scene V
    by William Shakespeare