Re: How to prevent DoS on PHP script?

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 2:11 PM, Nitsan Bin-Nun <nitsanbn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Umm yes I don't think so too, but thats one of the only possibile options..
> so give it a shot because you have nothing to loose (:
>
> I also think he should speak to the server administrator / the guy he pays
> him the money and ask what to do, I'm pretty sure that he had already
> encountered something like this before.

i would like to offer a suggestion, half as a question, because i have not
tried this approach yet myself.  the php curl extension supports http
authentication, via the option *CURLOPT_USERPWD*.  so a client script which
will supply the parameters and then ftp the file upon success shouldnt be
too bad to write.  the requirements being support for http authentication on
the server side, and php w/ curl support on the client side.

thoughts?

-nathan