Re: going from procedural style to object orientated style coding

On 5/30/08, Adam Williams <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone knew of some books/tutorials/howto's, etc on
> going from procedural style coding to object orientated coding with PHP?
>  I've been using PHP since version 3 and am used to the procedural style,
> but I'm noticing that PHP's trend is going to the object orientated style,
> but I'm not familiar with that style.  Any suggestions on how to make the
> switch to coding in object orientated style?
>

> --

There are a couple of books that I have been using

Object Oriented PHP Concepts
http://www.amazon.com/Object-Oriented-PHP-Concepts-Techniques-Code/dp/1593270771/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1212179023&sr=1-1

headfirst OO A&D
http://www.amazon.com/Head-First-Object-Oriented-Analysis-Design/dp/0596008678/ref=pd_sim_b_img_4

PHP architects guide to PHP Design patterns
http://www.amazon.com/PHP-Architects-Guide-Design-Patterns/dp/0973589825/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1212179213&sr=1-3

--

Bastien

Cat, the other other white meat