Re: php 5 and mysql failure

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 2:31 AM, Yehudi Alexis Garrett <yehudi@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I'm using a php script which performs three xml queries to other three
> servers to retrieve a set of ids and after I do a query to mysql of the kind
> SELECT * FROM table WHERE id IN ('set of ids');
> Although I'm sure the connection to the database is ok, I sometimes get an
> error of this kind:
> *Warning*: mysql_fetch_object(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL
> result resource in ...
> This does not happen every time i run the script, only sometimes.
> If I echo the query, copy and paste in phpmyadmin, or if I perform the
> same query in a script that does only the query without the rest it works!
> After troubleshooting this issue I noticed that it usually failed when I
> had a big set of ids (positive response from more than one server). This
> means that the script used a bigger amount of memory and probably more
> resources, but I did not get an "out of memory error", I got the one
> described bfore.
> My question is, is there any kind of limit somewhere in php5 or in mysql?
> Thanks for help,
>
> YEHUDI GARRETT
>
> --

Have you tried output your SQL query and pasting it into mysql to see if it
runs?  Sounds to me like it isn't a valid query, that would give you that
error.

You may also want to put some row count checking prior to trying to fetch
any rows.

--
-Dan Joseph

"Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for the rest of the day.
Light a man on fire, and will be warm for the rest of his life."