RE: peer review (was php framework vs just php?)

[snip]
to add to this; i dealt w/ a clunky codebase at my last job.  working w/ single table form generation was a snap, why you could even tell it which columns you wanted to display!  it would also try to build the appropriate input type in html and handled creation of select elements and what-not.  the problem came in when you wanted to work w/ more than one table.  can you say nightmare ?  thats exactly what it was, so anyway in my exp, its quite common where a form will be an amalgam of records (or portions thereof) of several tables.
[/snip]

No doubt. This function base can be used to extend the concept to multiple tables and you could reverse the exclusion cause to make it inclusive instead.

This is an older concept based on an idea presented several years ago by a guy who used to post regularly to this list (Army captain John ????, my memory fails me right now). He had written a script that you could point a form to that would generate several SQL statements for that form. (again, single table concept). It included a CREATE TABLE, UPDATE, and SELECT query for your form. Very handy.

Ultimately this group of functions cuts way down on development time.