Re: OS need anything for mail() to work?

On 25 Apr 2008, at 19:07, Brian Dunning wrote:
I'm running PHP 5.2.5 on OS X 10.5.2, and using the following code:

ini_set('sendmail_from','address@xxxxxxxxxxxx');
ini_set('SMTP','working.server.com');
mail('brian@xxxxxxxxxxxx', 'Subject', 'Message');

The servers and addresses are KNOWN TO WORK, I use this same code and same info on a number of different web servers around the world. Authentication is absolutely not the problem. This code works on other computers, but it doesn't work on mine. I get no error, but no email is ever sent.

So my question: Is there something that needs to be installed, running, or otherwise configured on a computer to make sure PHP can send emails? How could I test for this?

The SMTP configuration option is only used on Windows as noted in the manual: http://php.net/mail.configuration

What does the mail function return? If false then it's failing to send the message. If true then check your logs and you'll probably find that it's sitting in a queue not knowing how to get out of your machine.

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/