Re: the most amazing php code i have ever seen so far

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 1:29 PM, Nick Stinemates <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  That is a beatiful example of the observer pattern.

Just for the record I take no credit on that whatsoever.  I'm just
repeating what I've found elsewhere.

The key (for me anyways) is that the subject doesn't have to implement
the actual code itself.  It just piggybacks.  For a while I was trying
to use the spl observer interfaces but I got tired of bloating my
classes when it could be pushed somewhere else.  Notification queues
are nice!