Re: & performance issues

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 12:00 PM, Nathan Nobbe <quickshiftin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 4:57 AM, Bojan Tesanovic <btesanovic@xxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote:
>

>  > in PHP5 by default Objects are passed by reference and as you can see at
>  > this graph passing array by reference in PHP5 is slower
>  > http://nathan.moxune.com/arrayVsArrayIteratorReport.php
>

>  wow, thats hilarious, thats my own chart :O  ROTFL
>
>  im glad somebody else thought something of it ;)
>
>  -nathan

I almost spit my water out when I saw that link directed at you.  Your
work is famous!  ;)

I don't have an actual answer as far as benchmarks go.  I've been
converting all of my sites from php4 to 5 over the past 3 months
stripping out &'s as I go.  I haven't noticed any differences myself
though.  But then again I've been adding in type hints and visibility
too so I'm sure that isn't helping.

I'm always pimping Xdebug, so just remember it will show you where
your real bottlenecks are instead of guessing.  *shrug*