Re: Memory usage very high under AMD64?

Aschwin Wesselius wrote:
Ed W wrote:
RSS is staying approximately constant, ie the memory in use has not changed much

VSZ, ie virtual memory has increased by more than 2x2=4. If someone has some hard experience of both platforms then please add some experience to this - however, I'm looking for some hard debugging knowhow on this, not just some handwaving estimates please

Ed W

Maybe still some handwaving, but my colleague forwarded me this link:

http://www.bit-tech.net/bits/2007/10/16/64-bit_more_than_just_the_ram/1

I hope that's still in your interest.

Interesting, but I think I have come to the wrong forum? Where do the programmers who implement PHP hang out? I really need to get under the bonnet on this and find out what's happening - I'm not after speculation (thanks to everyone who responded though)

Anyone got some hard details on how to debug this further - I'm looking for under the hood kind of thoughts please

Ed W