mkdir/exec(cacls) question....

Bishopsfield Road

Fareham

Hampshire

PO14 1NH

Tel: 01329 815200

Fax: 01329 822483

The content of this e-mail is the sole responsibility of the sender - Fareham College accepts no responsibility for its accuracy or the views and opinions expressed herein, and also reserves the right to monitor all email sent/received on its business systems.
Hi,

I'm having trouble using mkdir and cacls (via exec) .  I have permission
denied for mkdir and nothing happens when I run cacls.  Below is my
scenario.....

The web site is currently using "Integrated Windows authentication". And
I've used:
echo ($_SERVER['LOGON_USER'])
echo($_SERVER['AUTH_USER']);
echo($_SERVER['REMOTE_USER']);
to display the users in php and they displayed my username for all of
the above and I have admin rights.

The folders that I want to create subfolders have full control rights
for the Domain Admin groups (which I belong to) but it doesn't work.

I've even put myself with full control in the folder where I want to
make directory.

Ppan is an Active Direcoty user.

MKDIR

RUNNING SCRIPT        SCRIPT HOSTED          PERMFORMING TASK
PERFORMING TASK LOCATION            RESULT

My local PC                  Svr_M                           creating a
directory                    Svr_S
Permission denied

My local PC                  Svr_M                           creating a
directory                    Svr_M
OK - directory created

My local PC                  My local PC                  creating a
directory                    Svr_S
OK - directory created

Exec(CACLS...)

RUNNING SCRIPT        SCRIPT HOSTED          PERMFORMING TASK
PERFORMING TASK LOCATION            RESULT

My local PC                  Svr_M                           exec cacls
for user ppan             Svr_S    (\\Svr_S\CKTest\ppan)
nothing happened

My local PC                  Svr_M                           exec cacls
for user ppan             Svr_M   (\\Svr_M\CKTest\ppan)               OK
- ppan added with full control

My local PC                  My local PC                  exec cacls for
user ppan             My local PC (c:\ppan)
OK - ppan added with full control

But if the run the mkdir and cacls in the command prompt on Svr_M, it
works.  Hence I suspect it's the user that IIS uses but it should be
using me.  Can Mkdir and Exec execute scripts perform tasks across
networks?

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated - I've already spent
days/weeks "googling" and posting discussions on forums - still no joy!

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Constance Kan 01329 815183