Re: Memory usage very high under AMD64?

Ed W wrote:
45MB x2 is a lot less than 215MB...

Also, I would expect the actual consumption to be less than 2x since not all the data will be doubled in size..?

Any other suggestions on how to debug this 5x jump in memory usage?

Thanks

Ed W

Robert Cummings wrote:
64 bit integers are twice as big as 32 bit integers.

Hi all,

I'm not an expert and have no real experience with programming in a 64-bit environment.

That said, I think a system will allocate not only space for 64-bit values (in simple theory twice as much as 32-bit). 64-bit is simple a factor, so calculations increase with this factor.

I think the memory goes into a square ratio (NxN) instead of just saying double (Nx2). Again, I'm not a wizzkid with enough math experience. This is just my simple and humble reasoning.
--

Aschwin Wesselius

/'What you would like to be done to you, do that to the other....'/