Re: Memory usage very high under AMD64?

Hi Ed,

Long time no speak... keep running into you every now and then online :)
Hope you are well.

Ed W wrote:
> 45MB x2 is a lot less than 215MB...
>
> Also, I would expect the actual consumption to be less than 2x since not
> all the data will be doubled in size..?
>
> Any other suggestions on how to debug this 5x jump in memory usage?

I can't really give you any solid metrics as we don't use x86_64 in
production environement but on my test setup I frequently hit memory
limits in our apps before my colleagues (and the production) on my core
2 due x86_64 install.

I've also got some weird bug with session ids that I've never quite
nailed down - causes apache segv on my machine. I've never been able to
cut it down to a simple test case tho'..... :(

Col