Re: Question about user management...

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 4:07 PM, tedd <tedd.sperling@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> At 3:14 PM -0400 3/10/08, Daniel Brown wrote:
>  >     The superuser (AKA root, administrator, God, whatever) has GID 0,
>  >just like on a *NIX system.  This is because it's the highest level
>  >you can reach, and 0 is the lowest real number you can use.  Thus, you
>  >can add a virtually-infinite number of lesser users, as opposed to
>  >being limited to 50, as in your case.
>
>  Yeah, but then if you try to add a super-superuser you have to go negative. :-)
[snip!]

    In actuality, there would be no such thing.  However, for
posterity, negatives will work.  So long as:
        <? if($_SESSION['userlevel'] < $group_level) { ?>

    .... evaluates to true.  ;-P

>  PS: Oh, I just received the following email and thought I would pass it on:
>
>  HELLO,
>  MY NAME IS AGNES IN SEARCH OF A MAN WHO UNDERSTANDS THE MEANING OF
>  LOVE AS TRUST AND FAITH IN EACH OTHER RATHER THAN ONE WHO SEES LOVE
>  AS THE ONLY  WAY OF FUN BUT A MATURED MAN WITH NICE VISION OF WHAT
>  THE WORLD IS ALL ABOUT SO PLEASE REPLY  ME WITH THIS BOX IF YOU ARE
>  INTERESTED IN ME.
>
>  Anyone want a woman who yells all the time?

    I don't think I could handle two.  So if AGNES won't beat me
nightly with a sack of oranges ("because it doesn't leave bruises, but
it gets the point across"), Debs is going to come home and find her
stuff in a box.

--
</Dan>

Daniel P. Brown
Senior Unix Geek
<? while(1) { $me = $mind--; sleep(86400); } ?>