RE: SMTP

I'm curious what's the error you get when you use the "mail" function?

Also, if you have SMTP running on port 25 you should be able to "telnet
localhost 25" and run some SMTP commands (EHLO, etc).

Beware as well that some ISPs block port 25 so you may need to use their SMPT
server instead of yours, if you can telnet your SMTP server but not send emails,
then you either:
1 - Need to authenticate yourself against your SMTP server, or
2 - You have port 25 blocked, and need to use your ISP's server, or an external
SMTP server that you can talk to on a port other than 25.

Regards,

Rob

Andrés Robinet | Lead Developer | BESTPLACE CORPORATION
5100 Bayview Drive 206, Royal Lauderdale Landings, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308 |
TEL 954-607-4207 | FAX 954-337-2695 |
Email: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  | MSN Chat: best@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  |  SKYPE: bestplace |
 Web: bestplace.biz  | Web: seo-diy.com