Re: SMTP

Alain Roger wrote:
Hi,

i know that this is not necessary the best forum for that, but i need to get
a real feedback and i guess you already faced the same issue as mine.
basically, i develop php web application on windows XP platform.
So i have apache 2.24 installed and PHP 5.2.4.

now i would like to test if my application send emails, so i've checked my
php.ini file and it seems ok.
i tried to use IIS from windows to define a default SMTP server, but as my
emails are not sent, i guess something is wrong with IIS.

so does it exist a free SMTP server (similar that linux daemon) but running
on windows XP ?
if yes, where can i find it and what steps should i perform to be sure my
emails are sent ?

i do not want to transfer all my web application each time i want to test
email sending...
i would like to test it locally.

thanks for your feedback.

I could be wrong, but I thought that you had to specify the SMTP server in the php.ini file.

http://us2.php.net/manual/en/ref.mail.php#ini.smtp

> now i would like to test if my application send emails, so i've checked my
> php.ini file and it seems ok.

Maybe that means you already did that. The second issue might be that your SMTP server is MS Exchange, and it requires authentication.

If that is the case, then search for php SMTP authentication:

http://www.google.com/search?q=php+smtp+authentication&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

--
Ray Hauge
www.primateapplications.com