Re: GPS Locator

On Tue, 2008-03-04 at 11:42 -0600, Richard Lynch wrote:
> Almost for sure, browser security will not let you do this in a web
> browser.
>
> You'll probably have to write a custom desktop C application, or get
> the user to install some kind of glue widget...
>
> PEAR|PECL *might* have some USB stuff in a library you could use to
> write the PHP desktop widget and keep this on-topic, but I dunno...

DIO should let you do it, but that extension is pretty buggy last I used
it (OK like 5 years back with PHP4).

What I did was got high end barcode scanners to scan directly into a db
through a long running PHP script with it, so that should work just
fine.

That being said, though, something like a Winders COM object will
probably be a better bet (I have never used COM objects before as I
don't use Windows at all, ever) so correct me if I am wrong please!

--Paul

All Email originating from UWC is covered by disclaimer
http://www.uwc.ac.za/portal/public/portal_services/disclaimer.htm