Re: reading incoming xml

On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 9:33 PM, Larry Brown <
larry.brown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for the help Nathan.  What I'm looking for though is how to
> accept and read the incoming XML the way I was sending it in curl.  I am
> currently using that curl mechanism on the cli to connect to another
> remote XML server successfully.  I want to keep that side of the
> equation the same.  I need to find out if I can access the incoming data
> on the server side.  I don't need or want to use curl on the server
> side.  I just want to handle the incoming XML.
>
> How does SOAP and XML-RPC get to the incoming XML?  Is the incoming SOAP
> and XML-RPC packages arriving in html posts?  I tried looking at the
> nusoap code to determine this to no avail.

im sorry to say this larry, but at this point im a little bit confused.  as
dan said, xml is a markup language not a protocol, and as i said there are 2
ways to send data using an HTTP POST request and curl, per my previous
post.  the only thing youd have to do is come up w/ an index for the array
you supply to the curl option CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS and viola, you will have
the data available in the $_POST array on the server you are posting to via
curl.
you can also try what Rob said as well to grab the raw POST response.
however, im not sure i would use CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST in the way you are,
in fact im surprised its even generating a POST request, because i dont see
how youve specified it in your request, and GET is the default curl HTTP
request method.
im also a little lost when you say you dont want to use curl on the server
side.  if you used CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS (on the 'client side') as i
recommended in my previous post all you have to do is grab the response from
the $_POST array on the 'server side', ergo no curl involved server side.
so, in summary, im not trying to be rude, im just trying to get on the same
page, lingo wise, and understand what was insufficient about my previous
suggestion.

-nathan