Flexible Shopping Cart (was: Shopping Carts)

I've sent a message some hours ago and committed the mistake of
including it inside of an already started thread, don't know if
someone read it.

The details are in that thread but basically what I am looking for is
a shopping cart that has flexibility with respect to the graphical
layout of elements and their appearance  as well as the ability to
extend the framework with custom functionalities.

Don't have good experience with oscommerce because of the way the
layout is set with tables, it doesn't give much freedom and couln't
find good docs about it. Saw Zen Cart and it looks promising but have
no experience on it.

Listen to your suggestions.
Thanks again.