Re: Are these Truthful Proof about PHP ??

On 2/27/08, Zoltán Németh <znemeth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2008. 02. 27, szerda keltezéssel 10.03-kor Dare Williams ezt írta:
> > Dear Developers,
> >
> >   http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa479002.aspx
> >   I read an Article on the above Microsoft website stating the reason why to Migrate from PHP to ASP.NET. So can you please justify this proofs from Microsoft and let everybody knows if they are all TRUE and MEANIFUL atall or they are just cheap lies to backup their product. Please advice?
> >

> the article is from September 2003. so honestly I did not fully read it,
> just scanned the main titles, because it's talking about the state of
> php in 2003 (which was some v4.1 or so) - and php now is completely
> different.
>
> the other thing is, AFAIK ASP.NET is not just a language but a
> framework, which php in itself is not. if someone wanted a comparison,
> he should compare with php and a php-based framework (symfony, zend,
> etc)
>
> and the third thing is, never believe anything from microsoft ;)
>
> greets,
> Zoltán Németh

Funny, I have the exact same web page opened up from this morning, as
work projects are moving me towards M$$S environments and languages.

The comparisons are fairly biased against PHP, as expected from the
source, and a  number of links are broken, particularly the one
offering 5 full applications with source code.  But I do have an
install of the full Visual Studio .NET, and although the sintax (sic)
is not terrifically foreign to me,  even small pages running locally
take a looooong time to load.

I'm hoping to convince the powers that be here at work that there are
better alternatives...

--

-David.

When the power of love