Re: Are these Truthful Proof about PHP ??

On 27 Feb 2008, at 18:36, David Giragosian wrote:
The comparisons are fairly biased against PHP, as expected from the
source, and a  number of links are broken, particularly the one
offering 5 full applications with source code.  But I do have an
install of the full Visual Studio .NET, and although the sintax (sic)
is not terrifically foreign to me,  even small pages running locally
take a looooong time to load.

Comments like that are as much FUD as the article being discussed. ASP.NET is more than capable of being as performant as PHP. The main example I would point you at is plentyoffish.com - rediculous amounts of chunky traffic being processed by a handful of boxes, and all done in ASP.NET. Google it for details.

When you were running locally were you doing so through Visual Studio or standalone? In debug mode or release? I'm going to guess that you were running it through Visual Studio in debug mode which instruments the code to such a degree that it's several magnitudes slower than a release build.

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/