Re: All Survey leading to PHP

At 8:44 PM +0100 2/23/08, Per Jessen wrote:
tedd wrote:

 If a client hires me to do something, whatever code I write is his --
 that's simple enough.

Tedd - the world is not limited to PHP contractors.  Think about people
writing products that they sell.

Been there, done that for a long time -- decades in fact. I wrote a lot of Mac and Apple applications.

I finally arrived at a place where I realize that the time it takes to protect what you've done cost you more than it would if you just moved on to the next project.

Also, it's usually not the code that matter as such, it's the algorithm
or the method.

Expose the method and usually someone can duplicate and improve it.

So that goes to my first point -- why spend effort trying to stop someone who can't be stopped?

Now, that doesn't mean that you can't patent your idea -- and that's the best protection I know.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------