RE: All Survey leading to PHP

I assume you will be deploying your applications on a windows server, right?
Otherwise, COM is NOT an option (probably .Net is ???).

Just curious, why would you want to call a Delphi DLL (which is no different
than any DLL)?
Just curious (x2) has anybody tried Delphi 4 PHP
(http://www.codegear.com/products/delphi/php)?

As a Delphi fan... if you are moving to PHP development, I'd say you forget all
you know about Delphi (or .Net for that matter) except the very generic
programming and OOP concepts.

If you plan to target Linux... forget about DLLs. However, if you will always
use your own server for deployment, you could try *migrating* your existing
codebase as a set of modules and cgi programs (I don't know, it depends on what
you are trying to do). Check out Freepascal (http://www.freepascal.org/).

Anyway, if you are deploying PHP web applications for *all* OSs, you'd better
off forgetting about Delphi and get good tutorials/courses/books on PHP. And if
you want a Delphi-like IDE... be prepared for deception, only Delphi4PHP gets
somewhere close to that (and I don't know how high are the runtime requirements
to run PHP-VCL applications). There are very good PHP IDEs, such as Zend Studio,
PHPDesigner, and NuSphere, etc... but forget about clicking and dragging
components on a form if that's your choice.

Regards,

Rob

Andrés Robinet | Lead Developer | BESTPLACE CORPORATION
5100 Bayview Drive 206, Royal Lauderdale Landings, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308 |
TEL 954-607-4207 | FAX 954-337-2695 |
Email: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  | MSN Chat: best@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  |  SKYPE: bestplace |
 Web: bestplace.biz  | Web: seo-diy.com