Re: database design tool

> On Feb 12, 2008 7:46 PM, Shawn McKenzie <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Can anyone recommend a preferably visual DB design tool? I normally use
>> mysql, but one that covered several types wood be cool.  I'm on Linux,
>> so the new mysql workbench is a dud.  I used it in an alpha or prior
>> version and it looked promising but crashed frequently.  They say a
>> Linux version in 2008, but I'm not holding my breath.

Try DBDesigner4[1], MySQL based their workbench from DBDesigner. However,
it won't allow you to connect to MySQL5 and sync your changes, but hey,
you're looking for a graphical designer - and this tool is great for
designing your DBs.

You can install from source and tweak it a bit or you can install the
win32 binary and let it run via wine (which works really well).

[1] fabforce.net/dbdesigner4/
--
Dax Solomon Umaming
http://knightlust.com/