Re: date() and wrong timezone (or time)

On Wed, February 6, 2008 11:13 am, Martin Marques wrote:
> Nathan Nobbe escribió:
>> On Feb 6, 2008 6:13 AM, Martin Marques <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I got an update from tzdata on a Debian server due to a daylight
>>> saving
>>> change here in Argentina.
>>>
>>> The problem is that, even when the system sees the correct time,
>>> php
>>> keeps giving me the *old* hour.
>>>
>>> $ date
>>> mié feb  6 09:03:57 ARST 2008
>>> $ echo "<?php echo date('H:i') . \"\n\"; ?>"|php5
>>> 08:04
>>>
>>> What can my problem be?
>>

>> see what you have as the value for the date.timezone ini setting.
>
> I've already checked that, and it's not set.
>
> Anyway, I found out that PHP uses an internal tz database (very bad
> IMHO) and it might be out of date.

There was a thread on internals@ recently explaining why it has the
internal tz database -- mainly that it runs on platforms which have no
tz database at all...

Also, many admins aren't updating their tz database as religiously as
you, so it ends up being better in the opinion of the PHP Dev Team to
embed the tz database.

At least, this is my recollection of the thread.

ymmv, and obviously does...

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?