Re: Gzipped output

On Mon, February 11, 2008 9:59 am, Eric Butera wrote:

>> but I
>> of
>> >>

>> > Except for that little thing where you shouldn't be using execs in
>> > public facing code.
>>
>> Why not?
>
> You should never use exec & friends when there is another way around
> the problem.  It is a security concern.

The only security concern I am aware of is if you pass in user
supplied data to the exec() arg...

And if you filter it properly, it is no more risky than anything else.

If you don't filter properly, then you're in trouble no matter what
external lib you are using...

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?