Re: Re: [Slightly OT] Apple MacBook MAMP and Logic

On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 10:58 +0000, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> That's just how sudo works tho' right? You can configure sudo to not
> require a password for certain commands run by certain users. Not sure
> how it works on the mac as there may be some kind of wrapper but I'm
> sure there would be a way to allow your user to not enter a password for

For sure! Although not recommended, I change that behaviour as soon as I
finish installing my system (generally Ubuntu). I really *hate* typing
my password on my own system!

What I do is create a root login by using sudo passwd root

which asks for my password (one last time) then I get to have a root
pass.

--Paul

All Email originating from UWC is covered by disclaimer
http://www.uwc.ac.za/portal/public/portal_services/disclaimer.htm