Re: Re: [Slightly OT] Apple MacBook MAMP and Logic

> > I don't use a mac myself but a colleague does. He seems to have apache
> > and PHP installed on the machine but he generally uses the Xampp
> > package. I don't know if this is the official home page or but but start
> > here: http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-macosx.html

> Thanks Colin,
> That's what I use on PC so it will probably do me fine on Mac too.

I've been using XAMPP on Windows for a few years, so when I bought a
MBP in December I was happy to find that they have a version for OS X
as well.

The one thing I didn't like about it is that on OS X you have to type
in your password every time you want to start or stop anything. So I
wrote some simple applescripts that I use instead of the included
control panel that handle the authentication for me. If anyone is
interested, just contact me off-list and I'll gladly share these
simple scripts.

Brady