RE: PEAR website and MSIE 6

Yes. http://pear.php.net crashes my IE6 too. This is a problem with the
site, not the browser.

> seriously though - why is FF (or any other browser) not an
> option? your
> a web developer, I would imagine you should be running a
> complete arsenal of
> different browsers as part of the job, no?
> and then there's the question as to why you don't upgrade to
> IE7.

Please stop with the browser wars. They're boring and tired and serve no
purpose. IE6 is fast and launches in 1 second. FF takes many seconds. IE7 is
also a bloated pig and I will be very sad in 15 days when M$ FORCES everyone
to it. IE also has very nice DirectX rendering filters for gradients.

> or maybe rebuild the windows machine in question (hey it wouldn't be
> the first time something
> like this was helped by a clean install right?)

It is NOT the OS. It is the PEAR site itself that is to blame. There is
clearly some code or tag or something that is causing this failure. It
didn't used to be there either. I've gone to the PEAR site many times in the
past. The site isn't even that compex, so I'm curious why the webmaster
couldn't just fix this problem and make everyone happy? Or is the PHP
community so snobbish that they're turning into the Linux community?

I find it so ironic that all the fringe browser people freak out if their
browser isn't supported by some site and demand retribution, yet when the
tables are turned how quick they are to tell 80% of the world to use a 20%
browser...

*sigh*