Re: php embeded in html after first submit html disappear

On Jan 30, 2008 9:09 PM, Janet N <janet9k@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Because there is not enough to each step to justify a full web page devoted
> to it alone, I have decided to keep all steps on one page.

even if you manage this with a single php file, you should consider showing
only the relevant form for the given segment of the overall process to the user.
as a simple approach, you might have 2 functions, partA() and partB();
the former
would produce the first form, the later the second.  this is not exactly what i
would do, but it should give you the idea of splitting things up in your code.

> Is there any way to use the "hidden" attribute of HTML variables to prevent
> the output message from overwriting the page?

that will allow you to have fields that do not display visibly but can pass data
to and from the browser like the other form inputs.  you cannot use this to
capture data from a second form on the same page.  as far as i know, only
the form information of the form corresponding to the submit button that was
pressed will be sent to the server.  if you have another form on the page, even
if it has data filled in, that data will not be sent to the server
when the submit
button of another form is pressed.
you can see a simple example here:
    http://nathan.moxune.com/testForm.php?blah=sdfg

exactly what type of output message is overwriting the page?

-nathan